How to perform a Direct Restore (Legacy) from the NovaBACKUP client
Direct Restore on v10.3 and later.
Sometimes there are situations that prevent a normal restore from taking place or the time needed to to perform a normal restore is not optimal. The Direct Restore may allow you to restore your data to an alternate location.
On XP and 2003, go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NovaStor\NovaBACKUP\Profiles\
On Vista, Win7, Win8, Win2008 and newer go to: C:\ProgramData\NovaStor\NovaStor NovaBACKUP\Profiles\
- Open file nsconfig.ini
- Find [configuration]
- Add this line under [configuration]
M:\test = is a temp location that all data from tape will be restored so you have to make sure you provide drive letter for hard drive that has plenty of space since it will try to restore all data from the backup file.
nsconfig.ini should look like this:
[configuration] ScriptsMigrated=1 HyperV16Migrated=1 MaxTempFiles=100 MaxLogFiles=100 InitialView=0 StartupWizard=0 EnableMailboxRestoreDownload=1 CMCDeviceControl=0 VirtualDiskMountServicePort=32338 Drestore=M:\test [leavefree] sizeMBSystemDrive=1500 sizeMBTempDirectory=1500 [all] sds.100=sql sds.101=exc sds.102=vmw sds.103=hpv [welcome] jobType=0 [ui_mode] IsSingleViewRestore=0 [install] installed.dr=1
- Save nsconfig.ini
- Start NovaBACKUP
- Go to Restore tab and select Import.
- Import will start running the direct restore to drive M:\test
- If you do not see a new folder on your destination drive in 15 minutes then exit NovaBACKUP and end the nsService.exe process.
- If you want to change location to restore to:
- modify nsconfig.ini,
- end nsService.exe, and
- restart NovaBACKUP
- start Import/Direct Restore again.
- Once you are done remove "Drestore=M:\test" from the nsconfig.INI file and save the changes.